General Volunteering Group (GVG)
Our general volunteering group play an important role is ensuring that our Culturae Mundi events run smoothly and successfully. Here we have an opportunity to suit you! Do you want experience? Do you want to meet people from different cultures? Yes? Then look no further! Our volunteering opportunities with Culturae Mundi allow you to gain experience in a dynamic and fun environment as well as gaining gratitude through our very own Culturae Mundi certificate.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- You get a certificate at the end of the volunteering period.
- Meet new peoples from all over the world.
- Experience first-hand Culturae Mundi events
- UK work experience. Helps to build your customer service, marketing and event management skills.
Location of events
- Most of our events take place in Coventry either on campus or around the city.
- This opportunity is available for all existing Coventry University and Coventry university college students.
- Non-EU students who have graduated and want to join this scheme must have a valid visa.
- Gain marketing skills by assisting with advertising events around campus.
- Assist to prepare the venue of the events.
- Welcome and manage guest at the events.
- Hand out the event programme.
- Become a ticket collector or box officer at an event.
- Assist with serving food and refreshments during the events.
- Assist with the gathering of feedback from guests.
- Assist backstage in greenrooms at events.
- Generally support the Culturae Mundi team members to make the events successful, each event will require different jobs.
Skills & Qualities
- Availability and Reliability
- Good communication skills
- Keen interest in learning about different cultures
- Warm, Friendly and Pleasant Personality
- Interest in working in a multicultural and multilingual environment