- By Culturae Mundi on November 2, 2015If you have missed the event feel free to view our photos from the events here: Event Video: Black History Month Article by Munira Ezzi, Journalist for Culturae Mundi. One of the most important and intriguing aspects of Black History Month is quite literally its history. Whilst the majority of society think that it is a celebration of the black […]
- By Culturae Mundi on September 28, 2015Black History Month has been celebrated in the UK every October for over the past 35 years. This year Culturae Mundi is collaborating with the Highlife Centre, The Spiritually and Faith Centre to organise workshops, allowing the students and the public to explore African culture. Moreover what makes it all the more exciting is all workshops are both FREE and […]
- By Culturae Mundi on September 3, 2015Lady Godiva was an Anglo-Saxon woman, who according to legend dating back to the 13th century rode naked, only covered in her long hair through the streets of Coventry to gain a remission on the taxation imposed by her husband, the Earl of Mercia on the people of Coventry. She died on September 10th, 1067. In recent years our modern […]
- By Culturae Mundi on May 21, 2015Coventry University’s Centre for Global Engagement will screen a series of award-winning short films to celebrate the World Day of Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development Following UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) adoption of the Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity in 2001, the UN General Assembly declared May 21st as the World Day of Cultural Diversity for […]
- By Culturae Mundi on April 26, 2015Coventry University is about to reflect the rich culture of the Romani people with an exciting week of events, that will both challenge perceptions of Gypsy people and entertain. The Romani Week will be launched by the celebrated film maker Jasmine Dellal, who influenced perceptions worldwide with her film, When the road bends: Tales of a Gypsy Caravan, winning numerous awards. We are also proud to feature […]
- By Culturae Mundi on April 8, 2015If you’re still in Coventry, be a part of ‘Chalk on Campus’ outside the Hub! From 10am until 2pm today (8th April), we will be letting you loose on the pavement, where you can use our chalks to contribute to what we hope will be a brilliantly colourful design! All we ask is for a donation, which will go directly […]
- CU Photo Club Society would like to invite you to our exhibition ‘’Within these Walls ||’’. Our work focuses on issues of representation of the human body from different cultures. The passion for picturing the body, is driven from the online open class PICBOD (Picturing the Body) from Coventry University.
Culturae Mundi - > Community